Yummy venetian cooking class
Your professional Chef Carolyn will welcome you in her cozy house with a glass of Prosecco before starting to prepare the delicious meal. (1 main course with dessert with Venetian wine and coffe).
During the lesson, you will learn how to make traditional venetian dishes: you will prepare hand-made fresh pasta, following the traditional Italian style of pasta-making.
The main dish will be “Italian agnolotti” filled with meat or fish and a yummy sauce made with seasonal vegetables (as artichokes, tomatoes or potatoes from the lagoon island). Only fresh and local products are used, and they are bought from the famous venetian markets as the Rialto one. A real meal must end with a delicious cake. So, you will become patisserie chef and prepare a crème patisserie to put on some sweet local cookies!
When everything is ready, you can sit to enjoy the meal in the living room and chat over a glass of Italian wine with Carolyn!
- Meeting point: Campo Santa Margherita: Sestiere Dorsoduro 2914 - Campo Santa Margherita. Venice (See the map and directions below)
- Ending point : Chef's House
- Availability & operation: until 31st December 2021. Tour does not operate on these dates: From 24th December until 7th January.
- Departure and meeting: From Monday to Friday at 10:15 AM. Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time
- Inclusion: Cooking items – Meal - Drinks (water and wine) – Ingredients - Expert chef
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Languages: ENGLISH AND ITALIAN (the activity could be bilingual)
- Gross price public rate: € 79,00 per person - Young only over 10 years old can participate at the activity together with an adult - No minimum participants. Due to the Covid-19 restrictions the capacity is 4 persons per course.
- Sale & reservation: On request until 24 hours before the starting time. For the clients with API connection the tour is in free sale with variable cut off.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Course does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (it can be postponed later or to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
In case of food intolerance, please communicate in advance and the chef will check if the lesson is still suitable for you.
The lesson is not totally accessible for wheelchairs users of people with walking disabilities
From april to october the meal will be served outside on the terrace that overlooks the square (only if the weather is good).
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
The square of Campo Santa Margherita, in the center of historic Venice. When you arrive in Campo Santa Margherita, you will see a brown building in the middle of the square, next to which there is a monument with a red flag pole (rarely with a flag). Carolyn will meet you there, with a “Cooking Class” sign to take you up to her kitchen.
• Awarded experienced chef will teach you how to cook (perfect English or Italian)
• Delicious Venetian food for an unforgettable cooking class activity (only 6 people per lesson)
• Wonderful location in a real Venetian Palace