Venetian wine tasting tour: drink as a Venetian
Professional wine tasting in the famous “Dai Do Cancari”: cozy wine bar, run by Venetians and close to the Accademia bridge, in the heart of the historical Venice. The owners have more than 20 years of experience in the wine sector and perfectly understand the peculiarities of the wines.
A unique experience where you will taste different italian wines, red and white matched with some some yummy “cicchetto”. The combination between wine and food is wisely chosen by the expert owners of the wine bar
You will learn the history and organoleptic characteristics of the local wines that will be matched with yummy finger food prepared with local ingredients in according to the season
Discover how and where the expert farmers make these excellent Italian wines.
You can choose between different type of tasting with different quality and quantity of wines.
Cask wines tasting: 4 glasses of cask wines (white and red), 1 venetian finger food and breadsticks
Classic Tasting: 4 glasses of 2 different wines. 1 venetian finger food and breadstick
Superior Tasting: 5 glasses of 3 different wines – 1 venetian finger food and breadsticks. (minimum 2 people)
Deluxe Tasting:5 glasses of 3 different wines – 1 venetian finger food and breadsticks. (minimum 2 people)
- Meeting point: “Ai Do Cancari” - Calle de le Boteghe, 343, (Campo Santo Stefano. Few steps from Accademia Bridge (See the map and directions below)
- Ending point Ai Do Cancari” - Calle de le Boteghe, 343
- Availability & operation: every day from 1st December 2018 until 31st December 2020. Tour does not take place on 21-22 april 25th December, 1st January.
- Departure and meeting: every day at 11:30 AM - 12:30 AM – 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. From 1st November: every day at 11:30 AM - 12:30 AM – 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Inclusion: wine tasting – finger food (for the cask wine there are only breadstick and not local finger food) – Live commentary
- Duration: 40 min approx.
- Languages: Italian and English
- Gross price public rate: Cask wines tasting € 20 p.p. – Classic Tasting: € 30 – Superior tasting: € 44 –
Deluxe tasting: € 65. The cask and classic tastings are available only until 5:00 PM.
From 1st November 2019: Cask wine tasting € 26 p.p. - Classic Tasting at € 35 - Superior tasting € 52. The class is available only for over 18 years old.
- Sale & reservation: On request until 24 hours before the starting time. For the clients with API connection the tour is in free sale with variable cut off. Until 6:00 PM maximum 6 people per class. From 6:00 PM only 2 pax.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Course does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (it can be postponed later or to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
This activity is allowed only to over 18 years old. In Italy it is forbidden to drink alcohol until 18 years old.
Unfortunately, this activity is not fully accessible for wheelchair users of with walking disabilities.
In case of any kind of food intolerances or allergies, please communicate it to VENICE TOURS at the moment of reservation.
If you are less than 6 people, the tour is not considered private and you could share the tasting with other people.
How to reach the meeting point:
With the Accademia Gallery on your back just go straight and cross the Accademia Bridge (the wooden one), go straight and then turn right, you will be in Campo (square) Santo Stefano.
Go straight towards the brown church, at the corner with two bars you have to turn right and after a few meters you will find “Ai Do Cancari” wine bar on your right.
REFERENCE CODE: VTWINE
- Ai Do Cancari
- Accademia Bridge
- Saint mark's Square