Since the Napoleon Kingdom of Italy (1805-1814), the Procuratie Nuove buildings were the Royal Palace, refurbished for Empress Elisabeth of Austria, this function continued to 1946. Today, in Museo Correr visitors can learn about the Venetian way of life through sculptures, paintings, libraries and discover secrets of Venice's naval power.
|Skip the line ticket for San Marco Museums
- The Doge's Palace was founded after 812 in the monumental zone of Piazza San Marco. It is a masterpiece with a distinctive style inspired by Byzantine and Oriental architecture. The Doge's Palace and the New Prison are linked through a double passageway over one of Venice's most famous bridge, the Bridge of Sighs, so called because prisoners crossing the bridge would sigh at the prospect of seeing Venice for the last time.
- The Royal Palace - today's Museo Correr, was once the seat of the highest dignitaries in Venice: the procurators. At the far end of the Square stood the Church of San Giminiano, demolished and rebuilt by Napoleon to make sumptuous salons.
- Tickets pick-up location: Tickets have to be collected Testolini Bottega dell'Arte- San Marco 1758 - Close to the well of Bacino Orseolo. Every day from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM. Testolini Bottega dell'Arte to the Doges Palace is about 1 minute walking distance
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation From Febraury to December 2019 – The service is not available on December 25th- December 26th and Jan 1st and January 2nd
- Departure and meeting: every day. Testolini Bottega dell'Arte- San Marco 1758 - Close to the well of Bacino Orseolo. Every day from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM
- DOGES PALACE OPENING HOURS: from April 1st to October 31st. From Sunday to Tuesday: 8:30am – 9:00pm (last admission 8:30pm); Friday and Saturday 8:30am - 11:00pm (last admission 10:30 pm). From November 1st to March 31st 8:30am – 7:00pm (last admission 6:30pm).
- Inclusion: “Skip the Line” entrance ticket to the Doge’s Palace and ticket valid to visit the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Duration: individual
- Languages: Doge’s palace and palaces of saint mark’s square without commentary
- Gross price public rate Rack rate € 24,00 per person/ Net Rate € 22,00 – free under 6 years old
- Sale: Free sale with reservation
- Reservation: Till 17 hours before Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
At the Doge Palace, go on the right side and enter from the fast-track entrance. Here you will skip all the line.
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
Comfortable shoes suggested.
This ticket includes one single admission to the Doge’s Palace and the combined museums. All museums could be visited in different days. The combined museums have different time of visiting.
For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace (Free deposit inside). For general conditions refer to our brochure “Discovering Venice”.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at the “San Marco Vallaresso” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto leaving the boat stop on your shoulder go straight till the end of Calle Vallaresso turn on left and after one meter turn on the right, go straight till the end of (Calle) Frezzeria, before ending Calle Frezzeria turn on the right to Calle Tron, at the end of Calle Tron turn on the left and after fews metres you will find a little square with a well, you are in Bacino Orseolo. You will find the assistant close to the well and the shop TESTOLINI Bottega dell’Arte address San Marco 1758 with a signboard in which is written “GLASS BLOWING TOUR”
ARRIVING ON FOOT
Reach St. Mark’s Square, leaving the Church on your shoulders go to the end of the Square and turn the last Calle on your right, go under the arches and you will find Bacino Orseolo with its gondola landing stage. Keep Hard Rock Café and Zara Shop on your left , after few metres you will find Ponte Tron, keep it on the right and you will find a little square with a well, you are in Bacino Orseolo. You will find the assistant close to the well and the shop TESTOLINI Bottega dell’Arte address San Marco 1758 with a signboard in which is written “GLASS BLOWING TOUR”