Meet gondola’s craftsman: creation of the Forcola
Amazing experience with Piero Dri, one of the few artisans that still creates the famous gondola’s Forcola: a type of rowlock used by the gondolier to move the special boat along the waterways and the Canal Grande. Each fórcola is a unique piece since it is specifically designed for its personal gondolier according to his height and rowing needs.
Meet Piero in his workshop in the heart of Venice (5 minutes from Rialto Bridge) and starts the lesson where he’ll show all the procedure to create this magic item: from the beginning to the end. During the experience he will narrate history, secrets and legends of gondolas and the Venetian gondoliers!
In front of your eyes the master artisan creates this unique Venetian artwork that has the actual shape after centuries of experimentation
A unique experience to live Venice as a local discovering the legendary art of making a Forcola.
- Meeting point: Il Forcolaio Matto – Forcole - Calle dell'Oca, 4231, 30121 Cannaregio, Venezia VE, Italia
- Ending point: same place
- Availability & operation: From 10th July 2019 to 31th October 2020. The tour does not take place 8th December – 24th – 25th – 2th – 31th December – 1st January
- Departure and meeting: From Monday to Friday at 12:00 am.
- Inclusion: Live commentary
- Duration: 1 hour approx.
- Languages: English and Italian (the activity could be bilingual)
- Gross price public rate: € 65 per person.
- Sale & reservation: On request until 24 hours before the starting time. For clients with API connection the tour is in free with variable cut off. Maximum 10 person.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Course does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (it can be postponed later or to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written service provided by Venice Tours Srl. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT reconfirm
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
From Campo Santo Apostoli, few minutes from Rialto, go straight on Strada Nova until you reach “Campo Santa Sofia. On your left you will see Santa Sofia Gondola Landing stage. Go RIGHT to a narrow street and you will find the workshop “Il Forcolaio Matto”. Outside there is a huge Forcola sign.