Rialto Fish Market tour
Intimate experience in the most ancient Fish market of Venice: The Rialto’s one.
Samuele, an expert fisherman from Burano from Burano’s island, will be your guide providing an overview about Rialto’s history and local fishes. He works in this sector since he was a child and looks forward to sharing his passion with you. He will welcome you in his desk in the open-air market, just few steps from Canal Grande.
During the 20-minutes explanation you discover history and use in the local cuisine of the Venetian fish and seafood as prawns, crabs, seabass, swordfish and many other (type of fish changes in according to the season). Samuele will give you local receipts using the delicious Venetian fish! Receipts and tips easy to use at home!
Enjoy also a discount at Samuele’s store at the end of the experience!
The fishermen of Rialto spent the night fishing and, in the early morning (about 6 am), go to the market in Rialto where the Venetian come every morning to buy fresh and seasonal food.
The market was open about 1200 A.C. and was one of the biggest of all Europe.
- Meeting point: Fish store of PESCHERIA FRATELLI VIO at Rialto fish market
- Ending point: same place
- Availability & operation: From 10th July 2019 to 31th October 2020. The tour does not take place from 12 to 28 August 2019 – From 15th December 2019 to 8th January 2020
- Departure and meeting: From Tuesday to Friday at 11:00 am.
- Inclusion: Live commentary
- Duration: 20 minutes approx.
- Languages: English and Italian (the activity could be bilingual)
- Gross price public rate: € 18 per person.
- Sale & reservation: On request until 24 hours before the starting time. For clients with API connection the tour is in free with variable cut off. Maximum 10 person.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Course does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (it can be postponed later or to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written service provided by Venice Tours Srl. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT reconfirm
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
BY PUBLIC BOAT
Take the line #1 and get off to “Rialto Mercato stop”. Turn right and go straight until the fish market. Under the colonnade close to Canal Grande, you will find the desk of PESCHERIA FRATELLI VIO.
At the Rialto Fish Market, under the colonnade nearest to the Canal Grande, look for "PESCHERIA FRATELLI VIO".