Walking tour in the heart of Venice! Discover the main monuments of the historical center of Venice. The expert and local guide will escort in the labyrinth of Venetian “Calli” until Rialto Bridge!
You'll leave from Piazza San Marco with your specialized guide, which will explain you history & legends of the most beautiful square in the world: you will admire the Palazzo Ducale, The St.Mark'S Basilica, the Clock- tower, Bridge of Sighs and many others!
Then you will enter in the labyrinth of “calli” (venetian narrow streets) to discover some of the most important historical highlights as Campo Santa Maria Formosa; the Marco Polo's House; the Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo, known as the Venetian Pantheon, and the famous “Mercerie” (shopping street).
The last point (but not the least) is Rialto Bridge with its traditional markets and San Giacometto Church: the first one built in Venice (dates about 1000 A.D.).
The Rialto area was the main commercial center of Venice Republic where merchants from all over the world, traded their exotic goods. The guide will narrate the amazing history and curiosities of the city and the monuments around you.
An unforgeable experience to learn history and legends about this incredible and unique city.
- Meeting Point: Venice Tours Assistance Point - St. Mark's Square - Calle Larga Ascensione, SAN MARCO 1257, 30124 - The Assistance Point is the big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You'll see a sign "VENICE TOURS - ASSISTANCE POINT". The guide will have the sign "VOX CITY GUIDE"
- Ending Point: San Marco Area
- Availability: from 18th December 2020 until 31st October 2022. The tour does not take place on 25th December and 1st January
- Starting time: From 18th December 2020 until 6th January 2021: every day at 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM
From 7th January 2021 to 31st March 2021 : Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM.
1st April 2021 to 31st October 2021 : Every day at 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM - 4:00PM Please, be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time
- Included: Shared walking tour of historical center of Venice– Live commentary by a local qualified guide
- Language: English and Italian with live guide - German, Spanish, and French translated by audio guide
- Duration: 2 hours
- Gross price public rate: Adult € 20 per person – Free under 6 years old
- Sale & Reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour. No minimum participants
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. The tour can be cancelled in case of exceptional high tide, in this case the tour can be rescheduled the day after otherwise the client will be refunded.
- Voucher: You should have the paper or mobile voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”.
Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
Comfortable shoes suggested.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
With Piazza San Marco and the arches of Museo Correr at your back and the Poste Italiane (Post Office) in front of you, look on the left and you will see a big grey newsstand (with many souvenir and newspapers): that one is the Venice Tours Assistance Point.
The newsstand is between Fendi Boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You'll see a sign "VENICE TOURS - ASSISTANCE POINT". The guide will have the sign "VOX CITY GUIDE".