Piazza San Marco Top Ten Highlights
Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Piazza San Marco discovering history, tales and legends of its top highlights getting an amazing orientation about Venice!
Piazza San Marco is the most important square of the city, it was the political center of the Venetian empire and around the square the Venetians built the richest monuments to demonstrate their power.
Step by step, with your guide, in an enjoyable way, you will discover the Doge’s Palace: former residence of the duke ,where the Venetian nobles were doing business and trading all over the world. In the Doge’s Palace, they also planned the famous crusade against the Muslims to defend Christianity.
See the breathtaking golden Basilica of St Mark with the famous horses carried from Constantinople,symbol of the cultural influence of Bisanzio and the Roman Empire.
Cross the arcade under Napoleon’s palace, built by the emperor with the aim to enjoy a modern ballroom made for Sissi , the Austrian Empress, and admire the Royal Gardens.
You’ll admire the astronomic clock which overlooks the square. See the worldwide famous Bridge of Sighs and the Palace of the prisons: from there only Casanova managed to escape!
A walking tour as a journey in the past along the glorious centuries of the Venetian Republic.
An amusing way to discover the cultural roots of the human beings.
- Meeting Point: Venice Tours Assistance Point - St. Mark's Square - Calle Larga Ascensione, SAN MARCO 1257, 30124 - The Assistance Point is the big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You'll see a sign "VENICE TOURS - ASSISTANCE POINT".
- Ending Point: San Marco Area
- Availability: starting from June 20th until October 31st, 2022
- Starting time:
Friday , Saturday and Sunday at 11.00 AM and 12:00 PM. Please, be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time
- Included: Shared walking tour of Piazza San Marco (no entrances) – Live commentary by a local qualified guide
- Language: At 11:00 AM German and Italian - At 12:00 PM: English and Italian (the visit could be bilingual)
- Duration: 1 hour
- Gross price public rate: Adult € 19,50 per person – Free under 6 years old
- Sale & Reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour. No minimum participants - Maximum 16 person.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. The tour can be cancelled in case of exceptional high tide, in this case the tour can be rescheduled the day after otherwise the client will be refunded.
- Voucher: You should have the paper or mobile voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”.
Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
Comfortable shoes suggested.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT
With Piazza San Marco and the arches of Museo Correr at your back and the Poste Italiane (Post Office) in front of you, look on the left and you will see a big grey newsstand (with many souvenir and newspapers): that one is the Venice Tours Assistance Point. The guide will wait for you with a sign PIAZZASAN MARCO WALKING TOUR.
The newsstand is between Fendi Boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You'll see a sign "VENICE TOURS - ASSISTANCE POINT".
- DEPARTURE NEWSSTAND