Piazza San Marco Top Ten Highlights
Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of Piazza San Marco discovering history, tales and legends of its top highlights getting an amazing orientation about Venice!
Piazza San Marco is the most important square of the city, it was the political center of the Venetian empire and around the square the Venetians built the richest monuments to demonstrate their power.
Step by step, with your guide, in an enjoyable way, you will discover the Doge’s Palace: former residence of the duke ,where the Venetian nobles were doing business and trading all over the world. In the Doge’s Palace, they also planned the famous crusade against the Muslims to defend Christianity.
See the breathtaking golden Basilica of St Mark with the famous horses carried from Constantinople,symbol of the cultural influence of Bisanzio and the Roman Empire.
Cross the arcade under Napoleon’s palace, built by the emperor with the aim to enjoy a modern ballroom made for Sissi , the Austrian Empress, and admire the Royal Gardens.
You’ll admire the astronomic clock which overlooks the square. See the worldwide famous Bridge of Sighs and the Palace of the prrisons: from there only Casanova managed to escape!
A walking tour as a journey in the past along the glorious centuries of the Venetian republic.
An amusing way to discover the cultural roots of the human beings.
- Meeting Point: Palazzo delle Prigioni (close to the Doge’s Palace), Riva degli Schiavoni, 4209, 30122. The assistant will wait for you with a sign “Piazza San Marco Tour”.
- Availability: from May 15th to October 31st, 2020
- Starting time: Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11.10 AM and 12:10 PM. Please, be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time
- Included: Shared walking tour of Piazza San Marco (no entrances) – Live commentary by a local qualified guide
- Price: € 15 p.p. – Free under 5 years old
- Language: English and Italian (the visit could be bilingual)
- Duration: 1 hour
- Gross price public rate: Adult € 15 per person – Free under 6 years old
- Sale & Reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour. No minimum participants - Maximum 15 pax.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. The tour can be cancelled in case of exceptional high tide, in this case the tour can be rescheduled the day after otherwise the client will be refunded.
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”.
Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
Comfortable shoes suggested.
In Piazza San Marco, with the Doge’s Palace in front of you and the S.Mark’s Basin at your back, go on the right, cross the Bridge (from where you see the Bridge of Sighs) and then look on the left, you will see the entrance of the Palazzo delle Prigioni. The guide will wait for you with the sign "Piazza San Marco Tour"