- Have a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice.
- A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice. Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Meeting point: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. (See the map and indications below)
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: until 31st March 2022. The tour does not operate 25th December - 1st January - 7th, 14th February and in case of exceptional high tide.
- Departure and meeting: every day at 09:00 AM. Please at the meeting points 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide – Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people – Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Languages: the visit is monolingual: from April to October: English, French, Spanish and German every day - Italian only on Saturday.
From November to March: English, French every day - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Gross price public rate € 26 - per person - Free under 6 years old - No minimum participants
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Unfortunately tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes are suggested.
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
- For General Conditions refers to our brochure "Discover Venice"
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTWALKING