A great experience that will bring you to know the manufacture and glassblowing art
In front of you a glass craftsman master will create a unique item explaining the ancient phases of the production. You will discover this historical art came from Romans!
You may feel the warmth, the smells and the sounds of the furnace and you will see the clever hands of the artisan mold the glass in front of your eyes and then, like a magic, that will be transformed in an unrepeatable object, thanks to the work of a millennial artisan culture that is handed down from one generation to another . The glassblowing art is recognized in all the world such as synonym of beauty.
You will live this experience in Saint Mark's Square in an old Glass Factory Showroom where you will see the main objects are made with glass.
At the end of your experience you will receive a little glass gift for each couple or each family, as a souvenir of this visit
Download our miniguide to improve your experience during the handcraft glass demonstration. You will receive it at the meeting point!
- Meeting point: Venice Tours Assistance Point - St. Mark's Square - Calle Larga Ascensione, 1257, 30124 - The Assistance Point is the big grey newsstand between Fendi boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You'll see a sign "VENICE TOURS - ASSISTANCE POINT". The staff will wait for you there with the sign “GLASSBLOWING TOUR”. (See the map and indications below)
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: from 5th December 2020 until 31st December 2022. The tour does not operate on 25th December – 1st January and in case of exceptional high tide
- Departure and meeting: 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM.
from December 2020 to March 2021 on Saturday and Sunday . From April 1st 2021 everyday. Please, be at the meeting point 5 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: Master artisan at work and guided tour of a glass factory showroom in Saint Mark’s Square – Small glass souvenir for every couple of family – Shared live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese (the visit could be multilingual) – Brochure with description of the Magic art of Glassblowing - Multilingual assistance at the meeting point departure for a skip the line service
- Duration: 20 minutes approx.
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese (the visit could be multilingual)
- Gross price public rate: € 9 adult- Free under 12 years old
- Sale/Cut off: Free sale until the beginning of the tour. No minimum participants required.
- Reservation: Bookable until 3 hours before the starting time
Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. The Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (it can be postponed later or to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities – Comfortable shoes suggested – For general conditions refer to our brochure “Discovering Venice”.
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
With Piazza San Marco and the arches of Museo Correr at your back and the Poste Italiane (Post Office) in front of you, look on the left and you will see a big grey newsstand (with many souvenir and newspapers): that one is the Venice Tours Assistance Point.
The newsstand is between Fendi Boutique and Poste Italiane (Post Office). You'll see a sign "VENICE TOURS - ASSISTANCE POINT". The staff will wait for you there with the sign “GLASSBLOWING TOUR”.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTGLASS