The Doge's Palace (skip the line) and entrance ticket to old Royal Palace + Venetian waterways and Grand Canal by gondola (skip the line)! From EUR 70Inquire
An unforgettable tour not to be missed!
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of Venetian political power. You’ll experience with a qualified and experienced guide who will show you the halls of power, plunging you into a very special setting: the European Middle Ages and the centuries immediately following. You’ll be surprised at the rich details of the gold staircase, at the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building; you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
The ticket for the Palace is included in the tour price and will allow you to enter without waiting. Entrance ticket also gives you access to the following palaces around St. Mark’s Square that you may visit by yourself: Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana. You will discover the way of life for the Venetians, with paintings, libraries, old coinage, and sculptures. You will also have the opportunity to visit the area built by Napoleon and the rooms restored for Sissi, the Empress of Austria.
Later, a promenade by gondola (with commentary) that will take you along the canals of Venice, one of the most important tourist destinations in the world. Enjoy the cruise through the city’s most secluded waterways passing under small bridges and along part of the Grand Canal.
During your pleasant ride, you will admire Desdemona’s House and Mozart’s House passing by the worldwide famous La Fenice Theatre proceeding along the Rio (Canal) “De le Ostreghe” leading into the most charming part of the Grand Canal, where you will admire the Peggy Guggenheim Collection Palace. When you reach the Salute Church and Punta della Dogana you will enjoy a quick unique breathtaking view of S. Giorgio’s Island, Saint Mark’s with its Bell-tower and Doge’s Palace.
- Meeting point: Doge Palace visit: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. (See the map and indications below)
Venetian Waterways by gondola: Ground floor colonnade in front of Museo Correr's Entrance, in Saint Mark's Square. Our assistant will wait for you with a signboard in which is written “GONDOLA TOUR”.
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: until 31st March 2022. The tour does not operate 25th December - 1st January - 25th April - 16th, 23th February and in case of exceptional high tide.
- Departure and meeting: every day at 10:45 AM (whole year) - 2:15 PM (only from April to October) for Doge Palace tour.
4:00 PM for gondola ride. Please at the meeting points 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: Shared gondola ride (30 minutes approx.) with commentary by mobile app or brochure – Multilingual assistance for embarkation - Shared “Skip the line” Doge’s Palace guided tour – Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people – Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) - Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square (only for Doge's Palace morning tour)
- Duration: Doge’s Palace takes 1 hour, and the gondola ride takes 30 minutes. The tour ends at 4:30 PM.
- Languages: the visit is monolingual: from April to October: English, French, Spanish and German every day - Italian only on Saturday. Afternoon Doge’s Palace only in English.
From November to March: English, French every day - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Gross price public rate € 76 p.p
instead € 81. - Young from 6 to 14 years old: € 66 - From 2 to 5,99 years old: € 33 - Free under 2 years old if does not occupy an own seat
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or bad weather (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace, the storage service is free of charge.
Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guests ‘weight
Comfortable shoes suggested
Between the two tour there is a time gap of few hours if you choose the morning one or about 30 minutes for the afternoon one.
Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
For general conditions refer to our brochure “Discovering Venice”
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINTS:
DOGE PALACE MEETING POINT
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
GONDOLA RIDE MEETING POINT:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop. Proceed straight on to the end of “Calle Vallaresso”. At the end turn right until you arrive up to a colonnade. The entrance of Museo Correr is under the colonnade – In front of it you will find the assistant waiting for you with a signboard “Gondola Tour”.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
Museo Correr is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower leaving the Basilica behind you proceed straight on to the colonnade with Museo Correr’s entrance. In front of it you will find the assistant waiting for you with a signboard “Gondola Tour”.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTDOGEVENE
A Doge Palace Meeting pointB Doge PalaceC Gondola ride meeting point
Guided visit to the Doge Palace
Romantic gondola ride on the Grand Canal