AFTERNOON IN VENICE - Afternoon Doge's Palace (skip the line) + Discover Venice and entrance ticket to old Royal Palace! From EUR 69Inquire
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. You’ll live it together with a Guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries.
You’ll be surprised of the rich details of the gold staircase of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. An unforgettable tour not to be missed! The ticket for the Palace is included in the tour price and will allow you to entry without waiting.
You will enjoy a panoramic walking tour with a qualified and experienced guide of the area between Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge, through a labyrinth of little canals, and sites of historic and artistic interest, passing by some special places: Teatro la Fenice (“The Phoenix”), one of the most famous opera houses in Europe, the site of many famous operatic premieres; Scala del Bovolo, a unique spiral staircase with a plethora of arches; Rialto Bridge and its typical shops, one of the architectural icons of Venice. The tour does not include the commentary on St. Mark’s Square.
You may visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie with the same ticket. You will discover the way of life of the venetians, with paintings, library, coinage, sculpture. You will be entered in the secrets of Venice Empire, with description of Arsenale who produced the famous battleship Galea. You will visit the area built by Napoleon and the rooms restored for Sissi Empress Austria.
Entrance ticket valid to visit yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Meeting point: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. (See the map and indications below)
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: From April 1st to October 31st, 2019. - From April 1st to October 31st 2020.
- Departure and meeting: every day at 2:15PM. Please at the meeting points 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: Guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide: Skip the line Doge’s Palace Guided Tour and city highlights walking guided tour. Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people. Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Duration: 2 hours and 15 minutes – ends 05: 00 PM
- Languages: Only English
- Gross price public rate:
€ 65,00€ 60,00 per person - Free under 6 years - From 1st April 2020: € 73€ 69 p.p. and free under 6 years old - No minimum participants
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace: FREE DEPOSIT INSIDE.
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTAFINVE1