Absolute Venice - Walking tour of Venice + The Doge's Palace (skip the line) + The golden basilica (skip the line) and entrance ticket to old Royal Palace! From EUR 91Inquire
ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE
- Travel with an experienced guide through the Serenissima Republic.
- Admire the Piazza San Marco with the history of the main monuments in this area including the Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- 1 hour of walking tour
- 1 hour guided tour at Doge's Palace
- 1 hour guided tour at the Golden Basilica
- 20 minutes for optional demonstration of glass blowing in St. Mark's Square
- Visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie with the same ticket
- Walking tour
Walk trought Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo (the “Pantheon” of Venice), the Great school of Charity before viewing Marco Polo’s House and the Malibran Theatre. Return to San Marco through the main shopping area, Mercerie. Move to the front of the entry line and take a guided tour through Doge’s Palace (the Palazzo Ducale).
- Doge's Palace guided tour
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Doge and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. You’ll live it together with a Guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries.
- The Golden Basilica Instructions for Glass Craftman Demostration
Follow a tour guide through St. Mark's Basilica, one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world. Learn about byzantine art and its religious background while taking a glimpse at the gold mosaics and marble floors.
- Glass Craftsman Demonstration
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Special Ticket
You may visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie with the same ticket. You will discover the way of life of the venetians, with paintings, library, coinage, sculpture. You will be entered in the secrets of Venice Empire, with description of Arsenale who produced the famous battleship Galea. You will visit the area built by Napoleon and the rooms restored for Sissi Empress Austria.
Entrance ticket valid to visit yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Meeting point: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. (See the map and indications below)
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: From 1st April 2018 to 31st October 2020. The tour does not operate on 25th April – 15th August – 1st November – 8th and 25th December – 1st - 6th January and during unplanned religious celebrations.
- Departure and meeting: From Monday to Saturday at 9:00 AM (not available on Sunday). Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide – “Skip the line” Doge’s Palace, the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour – Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people – Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square - Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana) - 1 hour inside the Basilica - Clients enjoy part of explaination comfortably seated in the middle of the cathedral
- Duration: 3 hours and 30 (20 minutes more for the Glass craftsman at work in St. Mark's Square). It ends at 1:00 PM.
- Languages: the visit is monolingual: from April to October: English, French, Spanish and German from Monday to Saturday - Italian only on Saturday.
From November to March: English from Monday to Saturday - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Gross price public rate: € 91 instead
of € 99 per person- Free under 6 years old- - From 1st April 2020: € 107€ 99 p.p. and free under 6 years old - No minimum participants
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops).
For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and inside the Doges’ Palace: prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
Comfortable shoes suggested.
The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
During some days of high turnout or for reasons of force majeure (for example high tide or security problems) the waiting time to access to St.Mark's Basilica might be longer than expected: in this case, please line up and respect the instructions provided by the guide.
For general conditions refer to our brochure "Discover Venice".
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTABSOLUTE
- An incredible tour which throws you back the centuries and history of the Glorious Republic of Venice!
- Explore the main monuments of the city and their peculiarity!
- Join the visit of the three most important museums of Saint Mark's area!
- Entrance ticket valid to visit yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).