Afternoon in Venice - Afternoon Doge's Palace (skip the line) + discover Venice and gondola ride (skip the line) and entrance ticket to old royal Palace! From EUR 90Inquire
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic.
You’ll live it together with a Guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries. You’ll be surprised of the rich details of the gold staircase, of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
An unforgettable tour not to be missed! The ticket for the Palace is included in the tour price and will allow you to entry without waiting.
After the visit of Doges Palace you will visit the unusual and fascinating corners of Venice off the beaten track and where time seems to have stood still centuries ago. You will enjoy a panoramic walking tour (no entrance foreseen) with the Tourist Guide of the area between Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge, through a labyrinth of little canals, and sites of historic and artistic interest, passing by some special places: Teatro la Fenice (“The Phoenix”), one of the most famous opera house in Europe; Scala del Bovolo, an unique spiral staircase with a plethora of arches; Rialto Bridge and its typical shops, one of the architectural icons of Venice.
At the end of the walking tour you will enjoy a relaxing gondola ride approx. 30 minutes ride on the Grand Canal (S. Maria della Salute area) and minor canals (Fenice area).
Entrance ticket valid to visit yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
- Meeting point: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. (See the map and indications below)
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: From April 1st to October 31st, 2019 - From 1st April to 31th October 2020
- Departure and meeting: every day at 2:15PM. Please at the meeting points 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: Guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide: Skip the line Doge’s Palace Guided Tour and city highlights walking guided tour. Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people - Gondola ride without commentary 30 minutes - Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutes – ends 05:45 pm
- Languages: Only English
- Gross price public rate
€ 98€ 90,00 per person – from 2 to 5.99 years Euro 33,00 - Free under 2 - From 1st April 2020: € 106€ 96 p.p. - From 1rom 2 to 5.99 years Euro 33,00 - Free under 2 -years
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or bad weather (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. – For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace: FREE DEPOSIT INSIDE – Comfortable shoes suggested – The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party – Each gondola can guest maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guests weight - For general conditions refer to our brochure “Discovering Venice”
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTAFINVE2
Wonderful afternoon visiting the main place of Venice
Relaxing gondola ride after the walking tour
The magnificent Doge's Palace