The Doge's Palace guided tour (skip the line) and entrance ticket to old Royal Palace! From EUR 50Inquire
1 hour guided tour of Doge's Palace with a professional guide
Skip the line tickets
Ticket valid for visiting by yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
20 minutes of glass making demostration in St.Mark's Square included
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. You’ll live it together with a Guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries.
You’ll be surprised of the rich details of the gold staircase of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. An unforgettable tour not to be missed! The ticket for the Palace is included in the tour price and will allow you to entry without waiting.
You may visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie with the same ticket. You will discover the way of life of the venetians, with paintings, library, coinage, sculpture. You will be entered in the secrets of Venice Empire, with description of Arsenale who produced the famous battleship Galea. You will visit the area built by Napoleon and the rooms restored for Sissi Empress Austria.
Entrance ticket valid to visit yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Meeting point: St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”. Do NOT go to the Bell Tower. (See the map and indications below)
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: until 31st March 2022. The tour does not operate 25th December - 1st January - 7th, 14th February and in case of exceptional high tide.
- Departure and meeting: every day at 10:45 AM. Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time. Only from April to October also at 2:15 PM (only English).
- Inclusion: Skip the line”: shared Doge’s Palace guided tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide – Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people – Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square - Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes (20 minutes more for the Glass craftsman at work in St. Mark's Square).
- Languages: the visit is monolingual: from April to October: English, French, Spanish and German every day - Italian only on Saturday. Afternoon tour only in English.
From November to March: English, French every day - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Gross price public rate: € 50 p.p, - Young from 6 to 14 years old: € 41 - Free under 6years old -. No minimum participants
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace: FREE DEPOSIT INSIDE
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop or line #2 and get off at “San Marco Giardinetti” stop. Once you get off the vaporetto, turn right and go straight on to the two columns, then turn left and reach Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Clock Tower is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, go straight on leaving the Basilica on your right and you will find the assistant waiting for you with the signboard TOUR under the Clock Tower.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTDOGESP
- Guided tour with commentary
- Entrance ticket to the Doge’s Palace “skip the line”
- Entrance ticket valid to visit yourself the palaces around St. Mark’s Square (Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana).