Combo tour: Grand Canal Gondola Ride (skip the line) + The Golden Basilica (skip the line) From EUR 60
You will enjoy a relaxing gondola ride approx. 30 minutes ride on the Grand Canal (S. Maria della Salute area) and minor canals (Fenice area).
On the gondola ride there is no commentary.
After the gondola ride there is a guided tour in one of the most majestic cathedrals of the world! On this tour, escorted by a Tour Guide prepared in accordance with the Curia of Venice, enjoy a full visit of this masterpiece of byzantine art, unique of its kind in Italy, you'll have the pleasure to savour beautiful gold mosaics and marble stones of the floors, sitting comfortably while our guide will show you the represented biblical scenes, the history and the particularities of this ancient basilica.
Admire The Pala d'oro, exquisite example of the byzantine art with its thousands of gems and precious stones; enjoy the view of the Treasury, a splendor of the religious art collected along the centuries.
At the end of your activity you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Meeting point: Calle Larga dell'Ascension- In front of the post office (POSTE ITALIANE). Our assistant will wait for you with a signboard in which is written “GONDOLA TOUR”. The gondolier’s station is 2 minutes walking from the meeting point. Please be there 15 minutes before the departure time
- Ending point: San Marco area
- Availability & operation: From 1st April 2018 to 31st October 2020. The tour does not operate on 25th April – 15th August – 1st November – 8th and 25th December – 1st and 6th January and during unplanned religious celebrations.
- Departure and meeting: From Monday to Saturday at 11:00 AM (not available on Sunday). Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Inclusion: Shared guided tour with commentary by qualified and experienced guide - "Skip the line” the Basilica and Pala D’Oro guided tour – Audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people – Shared gondola ride 30 minutes without commentary – Map with description of the palaces you admire during the gondola tour - Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square - 1 hour inside the Basilica - Clients enjoy part of explaination comfortably seated in the middle of the cathedral
- Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes (20 minutes more for the Glass craftsman at work in St. Mark's Square). It ends at 1:00 PM.
- Languages: the visit is monolingual: from April to October: English, French, Spanish and German from Monday to Saturday - Italian only on Saturday.
From November to March: English from Monday to Saturday - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - From 1st February, French is every day - Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Gross price public rate
€ 6460 - per person - € 33 from 3 to 5,99 years old -Free under 2 years old if does not occupy an own seat- From 1st april 2020: € 67€ 63 p.p. - € 33 from 3 to 5,99 years old and free under 2 years old if does not occupy an own seat. No minium participans
- Sale & reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Tours does not operate in case of exceptional high tide, bad weather or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
Unfortunately, the tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities - Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people – Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded) – For the visit of the Basilica proper clothing is required (no shorts or tank tops) – For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica: Prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time! – Comfortable shoes suggested – Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guest’s weight - The gondola itinerary could change in case of wind or bad weather- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party – For general conditions refer to our brochure “Discovering Venice”.
How to reach the meeting point:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “San Marco Vallaresso” stop. Proceed straight on to the end of “Calle Vallaresso”. At the end turn right until you arrive up to a colonnade. The entrance of Museo Correr is under the colonnade – In front of it you will find the assistant waiting for you with a signboard “Gondola Tour”.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
Museo Correr is located in Saint Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower leaving the Basilica behind you proceed straight on to the colonnade with Museo Correr’s entrance. In front of it you will find the assistant waiting for you with a signboard “Gondola Tour”.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: QPCOGOND
A Calle Larga AscensioneB Golden Basilica
Relish a full visit of a masterpiece of byzantine art
Grab the opportunity to admire the famous Pala D’Oro.