Discovering the Gems of the Lagoon - The Islands of MURANO & BURANO From EUR 20Inquire
ABOUT THIS EXPERIENCE
- 4 hours and 30 min. to exploring the Lagoon and its islands in an enjoyable and very instructive experience.
- First Stop: Murano, famous in the world for its glassmaking art
- Second Stop: Burano, the island famous for its lace-making and for the brightly-coloured fishermens’ houses.
Murano and Burano are the most famous and traditional tourist destinations among the small islands in the Lagoon: this excursion will give you the opportunity to enjoy a very relaxed trip.
First stop, after a fascinating boat ride in the Lagoon dominated by Nature, will be Murano known throughout the world for its glassmaking Art. You will visit a Furnace to see glass products being made. During the visit you will have the opportunity to buy a piece of the local production on site. The tour will then continue towards Burano the island famous for its lace-making and for the brightly-coloured fishermens’ houses. Getting off the boat you will be in a green lane and after a short walk you will arrive to the Island main Square.
The tour includes the service of a specialized official tourleader which provides some information on board and assistance on the islands. With this special excursion you will have more time to stay in Burano which is probably the most charming island in the lagoon, arriving in this Island for lunch time you will also have the opportunity to choose one of the picturesque locations for a quick lunch (not included in the price of the ticket) living the relaxed atmosphere of this venue. The departure and arrival time is perfect for those who’s accommodation is outside from city center.
Panoramic boat, from where you can take marvelous pictures to Venice and its lagoon.
- Meeting point: from Murano and Burano indication on yellow box in front of the Prisons’ Palace, close to Ponte della Paglia (between Doge’s Palace and Hotel Danieli)
or from Venice Santa Lucia Railway Station – Pier KFC close to Restaurant KFC (near Ponte della Costituzione also known as Calatrava Bridge ). Our assistant will wait for you with a signboard in which is written” MURANO & BURANO .
- Ending point: St. Mark’s Square area
- Availability & operation: From November 1st, 2018 to December 31st 2020. The morning of the Vogalonga Regatta 31th May the tour will not take place. The tour will not take place on December 25th, Jan 1st and in case of exceptionally bad weather, boats are completely covered, the tour operates regularly in case of rain.
- Departure and meeting: at 10.10 AM at KFC landing stage close to Venice railway station or at 10:30 AM at yellow box in front of the prisons’ palace.
- Inclusion: Shared guided tour on board with a qualified and experienced tour guide - Panoramic boat with toilet
- Duration: From St. Mark’s Area 4 hours and 30 minutes approximately. From Railway Station 5 hours approximately. (stops: 1 hour in Murano and 1hour and a half in Burano)
- Languages: every day in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian (the tour could be multilingual)
- Gross price public rate: Adult + 6 years: € 20,00 p.p. – Children from 3 to 5,99 years: € 10,00 – Infant: 0 – 2,99 years: free
- Sale & Reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour. No minimum participants
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Upon arrival at the location clients should present their printed or mobile voucher to the representative, once verified they obtain the ticket and can join the tour
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
- Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair user or people with walking disabilities.
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party
HOW TO REACH THE MEETING POINT: Prisons Palace.
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “S. MARCO-S. ZACCARIA (Danieli)" stop. Once you get off turn left and you find a yellow desk by the Prisons’ Palace on your right just before the bridge called Ponte della Paglia.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The yellow desk is located by the Prisons’ Palace in Riva degli Schiavoni near St. Mark’s Square. Once by the Bell Tower, leaving the Basilica on your left, proceed straight on to the two columns, then turn left. Cross one bridge, called Ponte della Paglia, and you will find the yellow desk by the Prisons’ Palace on your left.
KFC fast food meeting point:
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take line #1 and get off at “FERROVIA" stop. Once you get off, turn left and proceed straight to Ponte della Costituzione. Do not cross the bridge and turn right under the arches to reach the KFC fast food. Facing the entrance of the restaurant turn left and you will find the pier in front.
ARRIVING ON FOOT
The Pier F30 is located near Ponte della Costituzione Bridge near the Railway Station. Once by Piazzale Roma, cross the Ponte della Costituzione Bridge, then turn left under the arches to reach the KFC fast food. Facing the entrance of the restaurant turn left and you will find the pier in front.
REF. CODE FOR OPERATORS ONLY: VTGEMS
A Landing Stage F30B Landing Stage F30C Landing Stage F30D Prisons' PalaceE Landing Stage F30F Prisons' PalaceG Prisons' PalaceH Prisons' Palace
Discover the marvelous islands of the venetian lagoon!
The venetian gems!