An incredible cooking show
with a famous Italian chef: Ferdinando Santi
. He worked all over the world in the best restaurants
and he often go to the National TV for important cooking shows (just look for his name on YouTube!)
The experience starts at the historical fish market of Rialto
: the heart of Venice. Ferdinando will escort you along the fish stores teaching the secrets for recognize the real fresh fish.
You will move along the city as a true Venetians using the public gondola boat across the Grand Canal
and then, passing through the labyrinth of “calli” (Venetian narrow street) away from the overcrowded-touristic places.
After the Rialto market you will reach the kitchen (close to Saint Mark’s Square) where the Chef will show you how to prepare some delicious fish dishes followed the Venetian cuisine tradition
. He will create some simple but unforgettable dishes that you will be able to prepare again at your home! Ferdinando would love to share his huge passion for the Italian cuisine with you!
- Meeting point: Under the colonnade of San Giacomo Church of Rialto (few steps from Rialto Bridge). Please, arrive 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Ending point: San Marco Area
- Availability & operation: From 1st June until 31th December 2020. Tour does not take place on 24th-25th-26th- 31th December – 1st January.
- Departure and meeting: Tuesday Wednesday – Thursday – Friday and Saturday at 11:00 AM.
- Inclusion: Live commentary and Cooking show by a famous and international chef. (The ticket for the public gondola boat is not included: € 2 for person).
- Duration: about 3 hours
- Languages: English, French and Italian (the activity could be bilingual)
- Gross price public rate: Adult € 79. Until 12 years old: € 65.
- Sale & reservation: On request until 24 hours before the starting time. For the clients with API connection the tour is in free sale with variable cut off. Maximum 10 people per course.
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. Course does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (it can be postponed later or to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written service provided by Venice Tours Srl. Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT reconfirm
Unfortunately, this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities- If you have some intollerance food, please comunicate us in advance - The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party- For general conditions refer to our brochure “Discovering Venice”.
ARRIVING BY PUBLIC VAPORETTO
Take the line #1 and get off at “Rialto Mercato” stop, straight on for few steps and turn left: you will arrive in a small square called “Campo Bella Vienna”. Go left to “Campo San Giacomo di Rialto”, here you will find the Church San Giacomo di Rialto
. Ferdinando will wait for you under the colonnade.
ARRIVING BY FOOT
From Campo San Bartolomeo and with the Rialto Bridge in front of you, cross the bridge and go ahead few steps until a square called “Campo San Giacomo di Rialto”. On your right you will find the Churchof San Giacomo di Rialto. Ferdinando will wait for you.