Venice Islands: Murano, Burano and Torcello boat tour
Murano, Torcello & Burano are the most famous Venice islands, rich of culture and history.
The first stop is the Murano: the island of the glass. You will have the opportunity to discover the ancient glassblowing art with a demonstration in a real furnace: a master craftsman will create a glass item just in front of your eyes. You will be able to buy a local production on the spot as a special souvenir!
After an enchanting ride through the lagoon you will reach the picturesque island of Burano with the narrow streets lined by multicolored houses. Here the lace-production is celebrated worldwide, so you will visit a laces workshop where you discover the secrets of this incredible art. Taste the delicious “Buranei” typical local cakes!
The last stop, but not the least, is the quiet and green Torcello: a small island immersed in the nature. You will wonder to know that it was the first venetian center of civilization; here the ancient Republic of Serenissima was born. Admire the oldest cathedrals of the lagoon as “Santa Maria Assunta” with its splendid golden mosaic dates back to the 10th century!
You will enjoy also the digital map by mobile app to listen to the commentary on the islands and all around Venice. You can learn stories and curiosities about Murano, Burano and Torcello on spot.
Unfortunately, the tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users.
- Meeting point: San Marco Giardinetti waterbus stop. You will see a box with written ISLAND TOUR. Please, go there for the check in
- Ending point: St. Mark’s Square area
- Availability & operation: Until November 2020
- Departure and meeting: Until 21th March: 9.30 – 10:30 – 11:30 – 14:00
From 25 March until 18th April: 9:30 – 10:30 - 11:30 – 12:00 – 14:00 - 14:30
From 18 April to 1st May: 9:30 – 10:30 – 11:30 – 13:30 - 14:30
From 1st May: 9:30 – 10:00- 10:30 – 11:00- 11:30 – 13:30 -- 14:30
- Inclusion: Shared guided tour on board with a qualified and experienced tour
- Duration: 4 hours and 30 minutes approximately - (roughly 40 minutes each island)
- Languages: every day in English, French and Spanish (the tour could be multilingual)
- Gross price public rate: € 21 p.p.
- Sale & Reservation: Free sale until the beginning of the tour. No minimum participants
- Cancellation: bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service.
- Voucher: You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Upon arrival at the location clients should present their printed or mobile voucher to the representative, once verified they obtain the ticket and can join the tour
- Commission: refer to contract
- Confirmation: Please ask clients to NOT to reconfirm
You will receive the mobile app by e-mail. Please, download POP GUIDE app and use the password in the e-mail. Download it before to start the tour.